Fade Cream

Posted by keayo on Sep 3, 2009 in Naija |

written by Victoria

Fade CreamEver wonder why every so often you will see a middle-aged Nigerian woman who has a face the skin color of Beyoncé, but hands resembling the color of Wesley Snipes? Well, fade cream is the answer. Many Nigerians idolize those of lighter complexion, often referred to as half casts. In every Nigerian food store, there is a section of cosmetics that is made up entirely of fade/bleach creams, lotions, and soaps. While the Anglos are paying big bucks to get tanned skin, Nigerians are paying big bucks to become “whiter” …ironic? What these Nigerian women fail to realize, however, is that they were also born with arms, legs, hands and feet that are surprisingly the same color as their face. So, just some advice for all you naija women (and feel free to pass this on), if you’re going to bleach, do so wisely. Buy an extra bottle or two and chemically damage the rest of your skin as well…hey, be fair (no pun intended).

Now I get one question for my bros, how u fit allow wifey to commot for house with this kine nonsense for skin?

Fade Cream Ad

[These pictures have been photoshoped for comedic effect]

Tags: , , , , ,

Lulu
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:04 am

Haha my my mom had this fade cream all my life… but I never knew what it was until I was in middle school. XD It’s so weird how using these creams has been a staple in Nigerian households…

Ben Benford Reply:

KleenShave.Com has a Fade Cream that is a TRUE fade cream; not a bleaching cream. There is a difference. A real fade cream “fades age spots, scar tissue, hyper-pigmentation areas, etc. back to it’s ORIGINAL color to match the rest of the body’s skin tone. Many Bleaching creams market them selves as Fade Creams.
Another feature of a TRUE Fade Cream, is that the same cream will work equally as well on all skin colors from black to white. It is because a Fade Cream restores damaged skin tones back to its original tone regardless to color.

Rosie
Sep 3, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Is Shirley a fade cream? I use Shirley all the time and I don’t get lighter…it removes all my skin discolorations but my completion remains the same as my entire body.

Desiree Reply:

if there is a mirror in your house.. no offense intended.. remove clothes..tie wrapper for waist.. and look again… u fit call ur best friend to help u observe.. cos em… the thing about bleaching cream is that those people who use it, don’t see a difference between their face and body.. all they see na unpronounced beauty… I rest my case..

Rosie Reply:

I observe myself quite well and see no difference. I am not light skinned and dont want to be. I like my complexion and Shirley does not make me lighter. I dont know about the rest of the population…

Oddie M Reply:

LMAO @ unpronounced beauty…
Lord Jesus..this post wont kill me

snoosnoo
Sep 3, 2009 at 4:39 pm

I’ve seen some women whose skin was damaged from those creams with green lumpy shit…I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at their stupidity. On the other hand, one can understand why some weaker-minded women might succumb to the bullshit notion that lighter = better. Oh well.

Abi Agbabiaka
Sep 3, 2009 at 8:27 pm

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! It’s simple common sense that if you’re going to bleach your face, you might as well bleach the rest of your body to match. Na wa for some Naija peeps.

Ada
Sep 4, 2009 at 10:52 am

They don’t realize that you can bleach the face, but not the neck, hands, chest (and while we are at it, chest hair on a woman is a no-go, so old school naija, please stop), legs and feet because the cream won’t penetrate those areas. So they walk around with a light face and a dark neck. Too funny. Then later on in life, when they stop bleaching, they get darker than they were before. Damn shame, lol!

Jennifer E.
Sep 4, 2009 at 12:30 pm

I think its bigger than the cream… the insecurity that it’s supposed to mask is the real problem. The idea that light is closest to white and that makes you better is scary. I’ve heard of some families starting their kids on bleaching creams as young as the age of 12. Brighter skin doesn’t equal beauty, security, stance or superiority. And its sad how many women have bought into this idea.

c.d
Sep 5, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Why can’t nigerians be happy with their color? Hahaha cause when they bleach, that crap is ridiculous, disgusting, and crazy lol!

lee lee
Sep 6, 2009 at 10:28 am

that is so sad, these ladies don’t realize they are beautiful just the way they are.

P.A.
Sep 6, 2009 at 10:53 am

Though it is most noticeable when black women do it, Indians be bleachin’ too…hell, they make half the products! What Nigerian women fail to understand too is that if you use bleach, you also need to use sunscreen. If you don’t, your skin will just get darker–totally defeats the purpose!!! And LMAO at the second picture…that first expression she made is classic!!

Ope Reply:

soooo right about the sunscreen!!

but regardless, nigerian women, stop bleachin! ahn ahn

sylve
Sep 7, 2009 at 3:23 am

It is really sad to see the Women of African decent trying to lightn up their face. Black is beautiful and we should expose that to the world. We are leaders in this world and to look white is not who God intended us to be. Let us imbrace our blackness to show the world that we can do all thing naturally . We are a gifted people regardless of color.

Karen
Sep 16, 2009 at 12:51 am

“got a light-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson,
got a dark-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson”

C.O.
Sep 24, 2009 at 9:35 am

Faded Face

Vic En Reply:

Messed up foo!

P.A. Reply:

I have def seen this picture on Facebook, that’s messed up, that is someone’s aunty lol

Desiree
Sep 24, 2009 at 11:41 am

have you ever heard the after comment of from friends directed towards the bleacher? “nne you just dey shine.. “, “you are getting “fairer”, did you go to America or what?”, “nky don beauty pass all una, did you see how fair she is?”, “nky is fair in “color” but a month ago, i think she was dark in “color” (naija dey call am color, no be complexion), “nne, you don the chop money, see as your face dey white”
meanwhile, person wey dey get compliment just dey smile sheepishly, as her entire body just dey look yellow, black, purple, and with green and red veins sticking out from every patch that has been butchered by the sun”… word!

Chibunna
Nov 13, 2009 at 12:25 am

CRUSADAAHHH

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:35 am

Word.

u fit find fair and lovely when vaseline runs out.

Chi ILo
Apr 18, 2010 at 1:14 am

I just heard of this website. Interesting!!
Many African-Americans & different races even the Celebrities use fade lotions too. I don’t think that using fade creams/skin-lightening lotions is wrong. Dermotologists prescribe them even in higher concentrations than what is found OTC and they monitor their patients.
The major problems are the motive behind the usage and lack of education on proper usage. I agree that changing one’s complexion will not solve any insercurities about his/her skin color. However, if you want an even complexion, use only fade lotions with SPF or try skin lightening lotions without Hydroquinone.
cheers!!

dolapo
May 23, 2010 at 7:10 am

please i need a cream that will bring out ma color,am a fair person,but i can’t actually get the cream to suits ma color.i need a urgent reply thanks.

Nkiru Linda Ichu
Jul 6, 2010 at 8:53 pm

LMFAO!!!!!!!! Nigerian women and their fade cream!

Yankee baby
Aug 8, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Putting a random pic off of facebook on this site totally unacceptable!! why couldn’t u just put up your picture and photoshop it to prove your point. Let people bleach if they want what’s your bizzzznes. Express your opinions in a constructive way….by the way natural ingredients are good for removing blemishes ingred…such as: Milk, honey, oatmeal…google it up.

Amber Libs
Oct 6, 2010 at 10:01 am

The Dr Max Powers Scar Cream fades dark spots for even, natural skin tone.

I started using his Scar Cream several months ago. I had had a brown spot removed from my neck by a dermatologist and it didn’t ever fade after it healed. Giving the area plenty of time to fade on it’s own, I started using the Dr Max Powers Scar treatment every day and noticed a difference in about 3 weeks.

It takes only a very small amount so I still have the original tube and it’s still half full. I use it every morning under my moisterizer and every night right before applying my night moisterizer. Now no one can see the spot but me.

Copyright © 2017 Stuff Nigerian People Like All rights reserved. Theme by Keayo. 51318610 hits since 8/27/09 5 p.m.