Projecting Their Voices

Posted by keayo on Oct 8, 2009 in Naija |
"Where's the REMOTE!!?!?!?!?!?!?"

"Where's the REMOTE!!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Last week we discussed Nigerian’s love of praise songs, but beware; if you visit a Nigerian church for the first time, you may mistake the Praise & Worship for an early morning yell session. It seems like Nigerians love singing these songs at the top of their lungs, heart, rib cage, throat, etc…. Please don’t let this frighten you, Nigerians love projecting their voices. If it’s not loud, it’s not Nigerian!!!! Open your ears to hear the sounds of Stuff Nigerian People Like.

Has it ever occurred to you that our parents, uncles, and aunts love to make sure their voices are higher than anyone else’s within a half mile radius? Well, this may become a problem when this turns into a competition. Nigerian’s know that who ever has the loudest argument must have the best argument, therefore; they win. Whether it’s speaking to your elementary school teacher, talking on the phone to a best friend, or singing praise songs in church…Nigerians take pride in having the loudest voice.

BIA, COME DOWN!!!

BIA, COME DOWN!!!

As a kid growing up in a Nigerian household, you may hear questions from Oyibo like, “Why is your dad yelling like that on the phone? Is he angry?”. You may even ask yourself “Why is daddy yelling on the phone as if this is a long distance call to Nigeria? He’s ordering Pizza!”

Keep in mind, the same people that love screaming are also the same ones that coined the phrase “Don’t shout on me!”

scream3

AhhhhLO!?

“My friend, no shout on me abeg. If you continue to raise your voice on me, you will no longer have voice to raise”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

cd
Oct 8, 2009 at 6:38 am

HAHAHAH VERYYYY TRUE INDEED!lol chidi hahah look @ u hahaha:) yall are way too funny, keep this comingg!

Chidi Reply:

But CD, I personally see and hear your dad yelling at you from downstairs… hey do you want to know how to get a picture of yourself on all your comments on every site you put your email address?

cd Reply:

yup how?!

Darkness
Oct 8, 2009 at 10:03 am

This is very true indeed about you Africans!! One time I was in the store and this one African lady (I don’t know if she was Nigerian or not, but she was definatly from Africa) was yelling into her phone, saying, “Yes, I got 2 of them! I am coming home now now!” I thought she was upset! Oh yeah, the picture of that dude yelling into the phone is either a bad picture or an ugly dude!! lol j/k about the bad picture part!!

Chidi Reply:

The picture of the dude yelling in the phone says… “YO MAMA!”

Response2Darkness Reply:

U’re obviously out of the loop and don’t understand the topic in its entirety as only the funny aspects were presented here; ur input on the pic was unnecessary so shoo fly!!!

Lulu
Oct 8, 2009 at 10:38 am

Amaaaaazingly true! This is why I cant talk to relatives over the phone from Nigeria because they’re always yelling at me… and then if I ask “what?” a lot, they yell even more LOL XD It sucks. But we’ve gotten so good at voice projection at my house that I can hear my dad downstairs all the way from his room XD

Keayo
Oct 8, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Did you guys notice the cane in eugene’s hand in that first picture?

Karen O.
Oct 9, 2009 at 12:07 am

nope.

P.A.
Oct 9, 2009 at 2:38 am

This is embarassing when you’re in public and your parents act like everyone needs to hear their conversation. It’s messed up when you can’t tell the difference between an argument and a normal conversation lol

Obi
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:26 am

LMAO……..love the “AHHLOOO good morning pic”………very very hilarious. hurt my ribs laughing. need to show this page to my parents cause i keep telling them stop shouting im right here. LMAO

Amarachi A.
Oct 9, 2009 at 10:04 pm

“Nigerian’s know that who ever has the loudest argument must have the best argument, therefore; they win”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. so true!

Amarachi A.
Oct 9, 2009 at 10:04 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. so true!

a.eye
Oct 10, 2009 at 9:49 am

Even with the invention of better phones there is still the yelling. I remember being awakened early in the mornings from my mother’s yelling as she tried to communicate with people in Nigeria. I thought she really thought if she yelled loud enough they would hear her in stereo across the ocean as well as through the phone.

Chuboy
Oct 17, 2009 at 7:41 am

Have you in the middle of some great sleep (REM to be exact) been awaken to the following: ‘Alo! Heh-lo! Dis is ya brodah from Dallass Tezass…can you heah me!’ Aww..mane I love being Nigerian! I just pray that we can keep it up for our children’s children ya dig?!?

kulu
Oct 22, 2009 at 10:37 am

too true! how many times have i gotten together with my nigerian friends and, after about an hour, we all start asking ourselves why we have headaches? “o boy, why we dey shout na?” lol – and at least we have the self-awareness to ask – other folks would just be drinking panadol and praying against spiritual attacks

Oddie M Reply:

lmao…that should be another topic.. Nigerians are rather fast in accussing the devil and blaming everything on spiritual attack….

Odunayo
Oct 22, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Nigerians must be heard by force!

When I was younger and heard when parents yell they are arguing, I used to get worried that my parents were going to get a divorce…but lo and behold, they were only voicing opinions…na wa o!

john maduneme
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:50 am

i kind like the yelling side of nigerians,bcs dwn here if u dnt shout peole will never no that ur serious with what ever ur saying…….

Erin
Nov 3, 2009 at 2:21 pm

OMG, Kingsley, this site is sooooooo funny!!!

Agege
Nov 6, 2009 at 7:43 am

This is so true. I have a football team that played in a 5 aside tournament and among all the teams that registered to play in this tournament, we are the only Nigerians teams. Before the game start and after the game, we always spend time in argument and shouting to each other on how we all played or how to play. Why why why!!! This is a sickness

Uju4eva
Nov 8, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Lol. Oh wow! I used to hate SLEEPING the best sleeps of my life, then I hear my dad yelling into the phone. As if someone died. “HELLOOOOOO, HELLOOOOOO< HELLOOOOOO. JOSEPH JOSEPH. " And he would repeat that same thing at least four times until the resumed loud conversation starts…..uggggghhhh.. HAHAHA, BE LOUD AS HELL!

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:20 am

My mama suppose win award for Loudest Nigerian mumsy.

notyourbusiness
Oct 29, 2010 at 2:17 am

…obviously this was not by a nigerian…. exaggerating everything ..plain stupid

Copyright © 2017 Stuff Nigerian People Like All rights reserved. Theme by Keayo. 51317455 hits since 8/27/09 5 p.m.